Think Pink - or commonly referred to at my house, "Think Oink!!!

If I'm going to be honest, it is "Think Pink", I wrote "Think Oink" as a typo, and now it's stuck in my head.  Besides which, A sent me a bunch of pink gifts for Christmas, including a pink piglet calendar (which is hanging in my bedroom, so it is the first thing I see in the morning when I wake up.  It certainly makes me smile.

For some reason, this holiday season has been a serious "PINK!"season.  I received so many pink items for my Birthday and Christmas, and then when I arrived home, there was a box from A-n-C with more pink in it.  I must be in a phase of life where pink is the predominate color.  Personally I have always thought of the color pink as a happy color.  It's also commonly known as the color of romance.

From  Emily Gems


Pink is the color of universal love. Pink is a quiet color. Lovers of beauty favor pink. A pink carnation means "I will never forget you".

Pink Energy

Pink is a combination of red and white. The quality of energy in pink is determined by how much red is present. White is the potential for fullness, while red helps you to achieve that potential. Pink combines these energies. Shades of deep pink, such as magenta, are effective in neutralizing disorder and violence. Some prisons use limited deep pink tones to diffuse aggressive behaviour.
Pink provides feelings of caring, tenderness, self-worth and love, acceptance.
Put some pink in your life when you want:
  • calm feelings
  • to neutralize disorder
  • relaxation
  • acceptance, contentment

Pink gem stone properties

Pink gemstones can be used to promote love, self-worth, order and protection from violence or aggression. Carry or place pink gemstones around your home or office to stimulate love and beauty."

I am in a good place in my life, now that I am home.  D and I are seriously working hard at improving our marriage (the three weeks apart taught us that we want to be together, not apart, and that we're both willing to change things and out in the time to repair our marriage).  Hmmm... maybe I should go away for at least two weeks on my own every week,

I am surrounded by pink in my home... from My house shoes (oink wool Birkenstocks), to my pink laptop and camera, to my pink flannel pajamas, to hot pink duct tape, to a closet full of clothes where the main color seems to be some shade of pink, or other, to Branna's bandanna (which is pink), to Kassi's bandanna (which is violet (pink and red combined), to My violet nails with silver sparkles.  I am literally surrounded in pink, and I love it!

By the way, every time throughout this blog entry, I made a repetitive typo.  Instead of typing "pink", I kept typing oink."   So, raise your glass as I cheer out  "OINK!""

Comments

Popular Posts