Welcome to 2011!!


Wow!  Can you believe it?  Another year has passed, and we are moving further and further into the future.  For some reason, seeing the numbers "2011" is really surreal for me.

This was the first time in six years that I did not bring in the New Year with my husband.  I did, however, get to spend New Year's Eve with my Mom, and that was cool.  We has a mini party at her condo with a couple of her friends that live here.  Super nice women!

I leave Colorado in six days and will be home in seven days (according to Austrian time - overnight flight).  I am looking forward to getting back home to my husband and kids.  Three weeks is a long time to be away from home.  I'm going to miss my Mom and G-ma terribly.  I want to pack my Mom in my carry-on and bring on board the plane.

After this trip back to the States, I realize that I will never be able to live here again, unless things change drastically.  There is such a pervading air of negativity here, and so much hate and anger.  I sometimes feel like I am choking on it (not always easy being an empath).  The economy in the States sucks, and it endlessly amuses me when the newscasters babble on about the European economic crisis (Greece and Ireland really... that's about it), when you go to a shopping center, or strip mall, and 75% of the business are defunct and closed. 

The road rage is out of control here.  I used to tell Austrians that it was bullshit that everyone in American owned a gun... now it almost seems as if they do.  I am not at all comfortable driving by myself at night, since I don't know who, in the cars around me, could be carrying a gun.  It's creepy!

I will be so happy to get home to my incredibly safe adopted country, where I don't need to worry about driving at night, or walking my dogs during the evening.  Where I can sit in my garden and watch the stars pop out one by one, and not have to worry about some loon entering my private space and assaulting me.

Yeah, I could never live in America again.  It makes me a bit sad.

On a different note, I will be doing the following this year...

1.  Kicking cancer's proverbial ass.
2.  With the help of my husband, improving our life together, and being happy.
3.  Losing more weight (I've lost 15 pounds since I have been here), and getting in shape.
4.  Moving to a bigger place.
5.  Enjoying my new job.
6.  Keeping in better touch with my friends, and making new friends.

I send blessings out to everyone.  May the Universe fulfill your lives as they need to be filled.

Comments

Popular Posts